jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Christensen, Alan" <alan.christen...@hp.com>
Subject RE: percentage distibution of sampler
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:01:57 GMT
Could you use an interleave controller with the appropriate percentage
of samplers of each type contained within it? Or a random order
controller?

-----Original Message-----
From: Brunner Michael [mailto:michael.brunner@winterthur.ch]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 5:39 AM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: percentage distibution of sampler

Hi,
I like to distibute the runs on certain samplers, e.g. in 80% send a
small message, in 15% a mid message and in 5% a big message.
I tried to use the "Throughput Controller". At the first test it works
fine.
My config is 10 users (threads) with a loop count of 10 (100 runs).
First problem is, that not every time the disribution is correct, e.g.
the 5%-case wasn't accessed.
Second problem is, that sometimes two cases are accessed in one user
run, e.g the 80% and the 15% case.

Is it the correct way?
And if yes, how can I ensure that per user run only one case is
accessed?

Thanx,

Michael