jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Christensen, Alan" <alan.christen...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Testing the effect of page compression with Jmeter; Any gotchas?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:19:36 GMT
I'm not sure I know what the Http Sampler using Apache HttpClient is.
Is this the http sampler that is labeled "HTTP Request HTTPClient"?  I
have a large script that is using the other one (HTTP request).  Is
there any way to quickly change the type of sampler in my script by
doing some sort of a "replace all" using a word editor with my script?

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 10:30 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Testing the effect of page compression with Jmeter; Any
gotchas?

"cps" should perhaps be named "bps", because it calculates the delay
based on the number of Java bytes sent or received.

These are 8 bits, but that is without the overhead, which can vary
between connections - e.g. number of stop-bits, parity etc.

Note that the setting only applies to the Http Sampler using Apache
HttpClient.

It has no effect on the original Http Sampler which uses the JVM Http
implementation.

Whatever setting is chosen will be approximate, because it does not take
the actual line speed into account.

S.
On 08/12/05, Peter Lin <woolfel@gmail.com> wrote:
> hmm... I haven't used the new feature myself. maybe sebb can respond
> with some tips
>
> peter
>

> On 12/8/05, Christensen, Alan <alan.christensen@hp.com> wrote:
> >
> > I tried setting these properties first to 6250 and later both to
100.
> > Neither setting appeared to have any significant impact. (And, yes,
> > I did get rid of the "#" in column 1)  :-)
> >
> > I am using the December 7th nightly build to try out this
capability.

> > I tried first via VPN, then directly to the site. No impact of
> > setting these parameters in either configuration.
> >
> > Any ideas?

then I'd appreciate their advice.