jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Christensen, Alan" <alan.christen...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Testing the effect of page compression with Jmeter; Any gotchas?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:56:15 GMT
I tried setting these properties first to 6250 and later both to 100.
Neither setting appeared to have any significant impact. (And, yes, I
did get rid of the "#" in column 1)  :-)

I am using the December 7th nightly build to try out this capability.

I tried first via VPN, then directly to the site. No impact of setting
these parameters in either configuration.

Any ideas?

-----Original Message-----
From: Christensen, Alan
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2005 8:45 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: RE: Testing the effect of page compression with Jmeter; Any
gotchas?

The only lines that I could find in the Dec 7th nightly build regarding
this property are in the Jmeter properties file:

# Define characters per second > 0 to emulate slow connections
#httpclient.socket.http.cps=0 #httpclient.socket.https.cps=0

I just want to confirm that I should be using 8 bits/character. My
suspicion is also that a 50kbps line doesn't really deliver 6250
char/sec but some smaller number due to overhead.  Is this the case?  If
so, should I use a smaller number for "httpclient.socket.http.cps" than
6250?  If anyone has thoughts on the most appropriate number to use to
simulate a 50kbps dialup line, then I'd appreciate their advice.