jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Christensen, Alan" <alan.christen...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Testing the effect of page compression with Jmeter; Any gotchas?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 16:17:17 GMT
How exactly is this property set for various speeds? If I wanted to
emulate a 50kbps dialup line, what would I set this property to?  Do I
set it to 50000/8 = 6250?

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 9:02 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Testing the effect of page compression with Jmeter; Any
gotchas?

As to slower connections, the latest nightly builds include a means of
simulating slow connections for the Apache HttpClient sampler.

See jmeter.properties:

#httpclient.socket.http.cps=0
#httpclient.socket.https.cps=0

==

I looked at extending this to the default Http implementation, but it is
non-trivial, and requires overriding the boot classpath, as one has to
create a java.net class.

S.