jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance problems
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2005 14:38:57 GMT
unfortunately, XML is heavy weight and the default xml parser shipped with
sun jdk is crimson. it's rather slow, so the practical limit per system is
roughly 20-40 depending on the CPU speed.  The only way to simulate larger
loads is to increase the think time, or use several client systems to
generate load.

on a 1.4Ghz Pentium M laptop, the limit for soap performance is around
20-25. If you check use memory cache in the webservice soap sampler, you get
up to 50, but at that point the test is measuring XML performance on the
server.  hope that helps

peter