jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter support for embedded Javascript?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:37:20 GMT
On 12/12/05, Alan Chan (MSN ALERTS) <alanchan@microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>

> Does anyone know when or if JMeter will support execution of embedded
> Javascript?

When someone provides a patch ;-)

> Because Jmeter does not support embedded Javascript, I cannot use it to
> automate logging into sites that use Microsoft Passport. An example
> would be a page like this:
>
> http://net.msnbc.com/tools/alert/sub.aspx

Although JMeter does not support running Javascript as part of a page,
it can still be used to test sites that use Javascript. But it may be
rather more tedious to set up the test.

Try recording a session using the JMeter proxy, and analysing the result.

You may well find it is not too difficult to extract the relevant URLs
etc from the responses.