jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Testing the effect of page compression with Jmeter; Any gotchas?
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 18:30:26 GMT
"cps" should perhaps be named "bps", because it calculates the delay
based on the number of Java bytes sent or received.

These are 8 bits, but that is without the overhead, which can vary
between connections - e.g. number of stop-bits, parity etc.

Note that the setting only applies to the Http Sampler using Apache HttpClient.

It has no effect on the original Http Sampler which uses the JVM Http
implementation.

Whatever setting is chosen will be approximate, because it does not
take the actual line speed into account.

S.