jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance problems
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 14:32:53 GMT
On 07/12/05, Ross Garrett <ross.garrett@mobilecohesion.com> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Thanks for all the input.
>
> Unfortunately we're struggling to hit the performance figures we expect. We
> have tried deploying JMeter on a higher spec box, using multiple injectors
> and we're going to see if running in console mode will help significantly.
>
> If anyone has anything further to add it'd be much appreciated.

What version of Java are you using?
1.3 performs badly with JMeter, but I assume you are not using that.

If you want to see if the problem is due to XML processing, perhaps
you can run a similar test using plain HTTP pages with a similar-sized
content.

Or, indeed, Java Samplers (which don't use the network at all)....

Varying the number of threads and adding appropriate throughput timers
to maintain the same load should show if the number of threads is
causing problems for JMeter.