jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Iago Toral Quiroga <ito...@igalia.com>
Subject Peak tests
Date Fri, 09 Dec 2005 11:36:49 GMT
hi!,

I'm using Jmeter to perform a peak test of my web server (100 http
requests at the same time). To do such, I've created 100 thread groups,
each one with one thread that sends a different http request. At the web
server I log the time (in milliseconds) at which each request is
received.

I need these requests to be sent to the web server as close as posible
but I noticed they are are logged at the web server in a period of time
that varies but is never lesser than 0.8 secs.

¿Shouldn't jmeter be able to send 100 requests in a leesser period of
time? ¿Is there any way to boost the launching of these requests?

I've also noticed that, if I enable the option to parse HTML in each
HTTP request (HTTPSampler.image_parser in jmx file), my web server log
tells me that jmeter needs 2 or even more seconds to send all the 100
requests, which leads me to think that some threads start processing its
response before all requests have been sent ¿can I change this
behaviour? This is a big problem, because this way, Jmeter is limited in
its capacity to send the requests as soon as posible to stress the
server.

My test machine has the following features:
CPU: 2.4 GHz
RAM: 512 MB
OS:  Debian Linux. Kernel 2.6.12.

Thanks in advance for your help.