jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Richard Gaywood <richardgayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Benchmarking MS SQL Server: suggestions?
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 22:37:38 GMT
On 11/11/05, Peter Lin <woolfel@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I understand your question. Stored procedures are compiled
> when
> it is first created with the corresponding DDL command "create procedure
> blah...."

Yeah, I don't really understand it myself to be honest: the colleague who
said that is several dozen rungs up the DBA-Tuner-Guy than I am. I suspect
he meant that it was changing the excution plan around (the server in
question is very highly tuned, with dozens of quite complex execution plans
it picks between very carefully) so maybe that's what he meant. I'll follow
it up on Monday.

My original queries regarding how the database pool works in JMeter and the
relative goodness of jTDS are still puzzling me though.