jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Richard Gaywood <richardgayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Benchmarking MS SQL Server: suggestions?
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:09:52 GMT
Hi List! I've been working this week on a quite complex Test Plan to load
test our DB add, based around MS SQL Server (hence my various questions
bugging this list).

Working earlier this evening, our senior architect identified that during
the JMeter load test our SQL server was carrying out a lot of stored
procedure recompiles. He wondered if this is because of JMeter thrashing
connections. So far, I've applied the Microsoft supplied JDBC driver and I
have "connection pool" on my JDBC config page set to "100" (I'm using 40-60
threads in the test).

Now that seems to me to be fine, but googling suggests there is a lot of
mistrust of the MS JDBC driver. I downloaded jTDS and tried that but we saw
the same behaviour.

So, my question has two parts:

1) does the pooling in JMeter Just Work (TM)? I know it's built into JDBC so
I suppose it really should...

2) does anyone who's used JMeter to load test SQL server have any thoughts,
tips, or insights into what I'm trying to do? Like recommending a JDBC
library, for example?

Thanks in advance!