jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Richard Gaywood <richardgayw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advice needed: multiple ThreadGroups, scheduling, running a test multiple times
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 12:46:51 GMT
On 11/8/05, Noam Paz <noam.paz@db.com> wrote:

> Hi Richard,

Hi Noam! Thanks for the reply.

> Fourthly, I can't find an option to log the number of bytes received in
> the
> response; this would be a good sanity check for me that the data coming
> back
> from the server isn't broken (as I'm doing JDBC and therefore don't have a
> HTTP status code). Did I miss one or has this not been implemeted yet?
> <<<
> You'd probably like to use the size assertion.

I looked at that, but the search sizes I'm getting back vary by the query I
enter into the DB (which in turn is controlled by a 10,000 line CSV file
with different searches). This is to work over different caches and internal
data structures. I could set an assertion that size must always be greater
than $SOME_SMALL_AMOUNT, but something else I'd like to do in my final
report is "I issed 5000 requests to the DB and the average response size was
400Kb" which I can't do with an assertion.