jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Noam Paz <noam....@db.com>
Subject Re: How to periodically Increase the number of threads during load test
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:19:04 GMT

Yes, this would surely work.
However replicating the testsuite (some of my testsuites include more than 100 different requests)
many times results in awkward, hard to maintain jmx files, hence the need for more elegant
solution.
A desireable solution for me would include the following enhancement (properties) on the Thread
Group panel:
- number of threads to start with
- thread increasement (after elapsed time T or after N loops has finished)
- maximal thread count
If I recall correctly there exist interest in the group for such an enhancement.

Best regards / Viele Grüße

Noam Paz

             Peter Lin <woolfel@gmail.com>

             29.11.2005 17:47

                                               JMeter Users List <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                                       cc

                 Please respond to

                                                                                         "JMeter
Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                                                                                 Subject

                                               Re: How to periodically Increase the number
of threads during load test

a simple option is this

test plan -
   - thread group (delay 1000)
   - thread group (delay 5000)
   - thread group (delay 10000)

peter

On 11/29/05, Noam Paz <noam.paz@db.com> wrote:

> Hi Sebb,
> you wrote
> >>>
> What we tend to do is to use a fixed number of threads, but vary the
> throughput using a variable or property. The variable can be changed
> by reading a file, or a property can be changed remotely using the
> beanshell server - see jmeter.properties for info on starting it.
> <<<
> since this question arises every now and then - is it possible to
> elaborate on it ? Do you have a small example handy?
>
> Best regards / Viele Grüße
>
> Noam Paz
>

>              sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
>
>              29.11.200515:48

> JMeter Users List <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>
> cc
>
> Please respond to
>
> "JMeter Users List" <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject
>
> Re: How to periodically Increase the number of threads during load test
>

> On 29/11/05, tchris22@freesurf.fr <tchris22@freesurf.fr> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In order to load testing the web application, I would like Jmeter
> > to Increase the number of threads of a thread group, each 30 minutes.
> >
> > How could I do that?
> >

> Create a Bugzilla enhancement request and wait ;-)
> It's not directly possible at present.
>
> However, you can gradually increase the number of active threads by
> choosing a suitable ramp-up time - e.g. 100 threads, ramp-up 1000
> would create 100 threads, but start them every 10 seconds.
>
> Or you could have multiple thread groups, and use the startup delay to
> start them in sequence.
>
> What we tend to do is to use a fixed number of threads, but vary the
> throughput using a variable or property. The variable can be changed
> by reading a file, or a property can be changed remotely using the
> beanshell server - see jmeter.properties for info on starting it.
>
> S.

> --
>
> Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte
> Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail
> irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und
> vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte
> Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.

> e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie
nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren

in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.