jmeter-user mailing list archives

From James Bull <jb...@thoughtworks.com>
Subject Re: help needed
Date Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:42:39 GMT

You should use two config elements
right click --> add --> config element --> CSV Data Set config
right click --> add --> config element --> User Defined variables

The data set config allows you to specify the file you wish to use and the
variable names to read the values into.

The User defined variables allows you to define the variables referred to
by data set config.

Finally you refer to the vaiables in the parameters section of the http
request by enclosing the variable name in ${}

For example your file is like this,

fred,password,
bob,pass2,
terry,pass3

You enter the file name into the Filename field. The path is relative to
the directory your script is in.

Into the Variable names field add 'username,password'.

You add username and password to the user defined variables page.

You refer to ${username} and ${password} in the parameters section of the
httpsampler.

Each time the script performs another iteration the next line will
automatically be read from the file.

James