jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strange Authorization problem
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 20:27:22 GMT
It does look like a bug to me.

Yes, please report it in Bugzilla, and if you have a simple test-case
please attach that (create the bug first, then you can add
attachments).

S.
On 01/11/05, m mat <perftest99@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Sebb,
>
> Does it look to you like a bug? Should I report it in bugzilla? Has any body else experienced
this problem?

> Matt
>
> m mat <perftest99@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Changing the server variable name in different thread group seems to have fixed the problem.
Looks like some concurrency problem in JMeter

> sebb wrote:
> I was referring to any/all variables that may be duplicated in the
> thread groups.
>
> You should be able to use an editor to change the relevant instances
> of the variables directly in the JMX files.
>
> E.g. save one threadgroup to a separate file, and edit that. Delete
> the original threadgroup and re-import. [Backup the JMX files first!]
>
> Or just create a smaller test case - this would be useful anyway when
> reporting a bug.
>
> S.
> On 31/10/05, m mat
> wrote:
> > I have not tried that. It will be a big change for me, as these two groups are large
and are replicas of each other, so every soap call users server variable.

> > I am assuming you are referring to variable called "server"
> >
> > Let me try that if you think that might be the bug
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > sebb wrote:
> > What happens if you use different variable names for the two thread groups?
> >
> > S.
> > On 31/10/05, m mat
> > wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Any pointers on this?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Matt
> > >
> > > m mat
> > wrote:
> > > I have two thread groups structured as follows
> > > Th Grp 1
> > > -----User Def Variables
> > > -------------------Server=Server1
> > > -----HTTP Authorizaton Manager
> > > ------------------Base URL =http://server1/folder1/glue
> > > ------------------User Name =uid
> > > ------------------Password =pwd
> > > ----HTTP HeaderManager
> > > ------------------Name=
> > > ------------------Value=JSESSIONID=${cookee}
> > > ----Bunch of SOAP calls
> > >
> > > Th Grp 2
> > > -----User Def Variables
> > > -------------------Server=Server2
> > > -----HTTP Authorizaton Manager
> > > ------------------Base URL =http://server2/folder1/glue
> > > ------------------User Name =uid
> > > ------------------Password =pwd
> > > ----HTTP HeaderManager
> > > ------------------Name=
> > > ------------------Value=JSESSIONID=${cookee}
> > > ----Bunch of SOAP calls
> > >

> > > The problem is:
> > > a. All calls get made to the server that is in the second thread group - server2
in this case. If I put server2 in th grp 1 and servere 1 in th grp 2, all calls get made to
server 1. My understanding is that the user defined variables should be able to override the
server name with in the thread group. As that variable gets used when calling the SOAP calls.

> > > b. Some calls do not get passed authorization information. The server therefore
rejects these calls. I have not been able to establish a pattern as to which calls get authorization
information and which do not .