jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Alex Eagar <alexea...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: new HTTPSampleResult() returns null. My Mistake or JMeter's?
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 00:57:01 GMT
--- sebb wrote:
> BeanShell Sampler was not designed for such usage.
>
> Sorry, but I've no idea whether or not this can be
> made to work.
>
> Try checking jmeter.log in case there are any error
> messages to show
> why res==null.

Every other object that I create works just fine. I
created some simple classes with inheritance that have
constructors that work the same as the source code for
HTTPSampleResult and SampleResult and I didn't have
any problem.

So what is a BeanShell Sampler designed for then? Once
I discovered that I could use BeanShells, I got pretty
excited. There are some things that I just can't
figure out how to with the JMeter GUI. The crawler I'm
trying to create is pretty simple. It's just a
recursive method that takes two parameters, a URL and
an int for depth. It then loads and parses the
particular page, and for each link in the page, it
calls itself with a depth minus one. If depth equals
zero then it doesn't call itself. I could then much
more easily check all the links on my page. If you
know of an easier way to do this then please tell me.
If not, I'm sure I'll figure it out with enough
effort.

I downloaded Ant today, but I haven't had the time to
learn how to use it yet. Is there a way to rebundle
one particular jar file without recompiling
everything? I want to try to find out at what point
things are failing but I can't do that yet because I'm
not sure how to edit and compile HTTPSampleResult.java
and SampleResult.java. Like I say, I'll figure it
eventually, but I'd prefer an easier way than learning
recompile everything using Ant (not that that won't be
useful in the future).

Alex Eagar