jmeter-user mailing list archives

From m mat <perftes...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Strange Authorization problem
Date Mon, 31 Oct 2005 23:39:55 GMT
I have not tried that. It will be a big change for me, as these two groups are large and are
replicas of each other, so every soap call users server variable.

I am assuming you are referring to variable called "server"

Let me try that if you think that might be the bug

Matt

sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
What happens if you use different variable names for the two thread groups?

S.

wrote:
> I have two thread groups structured as follows
> Th Grp 1
> -----User Def Variables
> -------------------Server=Server1
> -----HTTP Authorizaton Manager
> ------------------Base URL =http://server1/folder1/glue
> ------------------User Name =uid
> ------------------Password =pwd
> ----HTTP HeaderManager
> ------------------Name=
> ------------------Value=JSESSIONID=${cookee}
> ----Bunch of SOAP calls
>
> Th Grp 2
> -----User Def Variables
> -------------------Server=Server2
> -----HTTP Authorizaton Manager
> ------------------Base URL =http://server2/folder1/glue
> ------------------User Name =uid
> ------------------Password =pwd
> ----HTTP HeaderManager
> ------------------Name=
> ------------------Value=JSESSIONID=${cookee}
> ----Bunch of SOAP calls
>

> The problem is:
> a. All calls get made to the server that is in the second thread group - server2 in this
case. If I put server2 in th grp 1 and servere 1 in th grp 2, all calls get made to server
1. My understanding is that the user defined variables should be able to override the server
name with in the thread group. As that variable gets used when calling the SOAP calls.

> b. Some calls do not get passed authorization information. The server therefore rejects
these calls. I have not been able to establish a pattern as to which calls get authorization
information and which do not .