jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Curelea, Alexandru" <acure...@northnetwork.com>
Subject RE: Can JMeter handle parameters that have names which vary from one thread to another?
Date Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:07:59 GMT
You can use variables as part of the parameter names.  If you have a way to figure out what
the variable part of the parameter name is every time, you could for example store it in a
variable "paramNum" (maybe by using a regexp or getting it from a file) then use the name
"i${paramNum}" for the HTTP parameter.  Jmeter will do the substitution.

Hope that answers your question.

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary George [mailto:mary_george@infosys.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 22, 2005 8:13 AM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Can JMeter handle parameters that have names which vary from
one thread to another?

Hi,

I am trying to load-test an application where the parameters that I pass
with each HTTP request, have names that dynamically vary each time I run
a workflow. So the first time I run a workflow in the application,
Parameter "Y" which is being passed in a HTTP request will be named
"i9876". And the second time I run the same workflow, with the same
parameters, Parameter "Y" will be called "i1234". Note that I am talking
of parameter names here, and not the values.

Will JMeter be able to handle such a scenario? If yes, how?

Please do let me know.

Thanks

Mary

e-mail system.