jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help needed in using Jmeter to test an application that requires user Login
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:33:53 GMT
Try adding a Cookie Manager to the Thread Group

On 20/09/05, Mary George <mary_george@infosys.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> I have been trying to test an application that requires user login using
> JMeter, but am having trouble doing the same. I have detailed the
> scenario below. Could you please provide some pointers on what could be
> going wrong?
>

> To record the steps to test the application, I used a HTTP Proxy Server
> with a Recording Controller. After changing the proxy settings on my
> browser, and starting the Proxy Server, I followed the steps below
>
> *         Logged into the application using the user ID and password.
>
> *         Sequentially browsed through two pages which had the user ID
> and password details passed as parameters in the request URL
>
> *         Sequentially browsed through more pages which did not have the
> user ID and password details in the request URL
>
> *         Stopped the proxy server and changed back the proxy settings
> on my browser
>
> *         Added the http requests that were created under the Recording
> Controller to a thread group that I created under the testplan
>
> *         Added a HTTP Recording Controller to the thread group, added
> "Aggregate Report" and "View Results Tree" listeners to the test plan,
> saved the test plan and ran it
>

> When I ran the test plan, I found that the execution did not proceed
> beyond the first two request after the login request. No error was found
> in the aggregate report or in the responses displayed in the "View
> Results Tree" report, but the thread stopped execution at this point.
>

> Next, I tried removing the HTTP Recording Controller from the thread
> group, and running the test plan. I found that this time, JMeter
> executed all the requests, however, the all requests after the login
> request and the first two requests, failed with an error response.
>

> I do not have access to the source code of this application (I am using
> it only to invoke another application that I have developed), so I do
> not know whether cookies or URL rewriting is being used. Any help that
> you could provide in debugging this problem therefore would be very
> useful.
>

> Thanks in advance for your help.
>

> ...Mary

> Mary George
>
> Infosys Technologies Limited, Bangalore, India
>
> Direct: +91-80-51564735 | Board: +91-80-28520261 Extn 64735
>
> Email : mary_george@infosys.com

> This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended solely for the
use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
e-mail and delete the original message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute
this e-mail or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful. This e-mail
e-mail system.