jmeter-user mailing list archives

From m mat <perftes...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Randomly reading csv file values
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:23:05 GMT
Hi Sebb/All

As you can see I am trying to have all my threads assume different values and also have a
good distribution across the sample set, for each run, or else initial values tend to get
used most.

>From your reply, seems there is no straightforward way to achieve this. Is this correct?

Matt
sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com> wrote:
Why not randomise the file contents?

This is what we do for our testing.
We use StringFromFile, but the principle is the same.

S.
On 27/09/05, m mat
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want my threads to read random rows from a cSV file. Any way to do this? If I put
> a line like the following for a value from the CSV file,
> ${__CSVRead(${perftest_home}\data\topics.csv,0)} ${__CSVRead(${perftest_home}\data\topics.csv,next)}
>
> I see that all threads read the next row, for example thread 1 gets row 1 thread 2 gets
row 2 etc. Also I am not sure what the next iteration of each thread will get.