jmeter-user mailing list archives

From m mat <perftes...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Randomly reading csv file values
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:18:46 GMT
Hi,

I want my threads to read random rows from a cSV file.  Any way to do this? If I put
a line like the following for a value from the CSV file,
${__CSVRead(${perftest_home}\data\topics.csv,0)}  ${__CSVRead(${perftest_home}\data\topics.csv,next)}

I see that all threads read the next row, for example thread 1 gets row 1 thread 2 gets row
2 etc. Also I am not sure what the next iteration of each thread will get.

What I would like is each iteration in each thread gets a completely random row?

Any thoughts?

Matt

m mat <perftest99@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi

I am a beginner with JMeter.

How do I read random rows from a CSV file for the purpose of random parametrization?

Matt