jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Jon Andersen <jande...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: Memory leaks - large and uncollected
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2005 16:04:03 GMT
Peter,

I see the error message repeated several times:
INFO: Redirect requested but followRedirects is disabled

I think the results tree shows that the redirects are being followed.
It looks to me like the cookie handling is incorrect somehow, since its
appending an identically-named cookie rather than overwriting it.

Attachments:
http://www.umich.edu/~janderse/sakai/resultstree.jtl
http://www.umich.edu/~janderse/sakai/test.jmx

-Jon Andersen
Software developer
734-260-6083 (work)
734-646-5577 (home)
Digital Media Commons - Duderstadt Center
University of Michigan

On Aug 9, 2005, at 11:58 AM, Peter Lin wrote:

> that might be a bug. do you see any errors in jmeter.log?
>

> peter
>

> On 8/9/05, Jon Andersen <janderse@umich.edu> wrote:
>> I tried using HTTPSampler2 as suggested.  However, now there is
>> another
>> problem, which shows up even without SSL.  Once I switch to
>> HTTPSampler2, cookies or redirects aren't handled properly anymore.
>> The exact same script works fine with HTTPSampler, but with
>> HTTPSampler2, the cookies fail.
>>
>> I'm seeing the same JSESSIONID cookie being set over and over again,
>> with new values.  JMeter, instead of replacing the cookie each time,
>> is
>> appending a new cookie with the same name and the new value.  So the
>> same-named cookies accumulate over each request.
>>
>> Does this HTTPSampler2 cookie bug sound familiar to anyone?
>>
>> Here is my script that generates the errors, and the results, if
>> someone can take a look at it:
>>
>> http://www.umich.edu/~janderse/sakai/resultstree.jtl
>> http://www.umich.edu/~janderse/sakai/test.jmx
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> -Jon Andersen
>> Software developer
>> 734-260-6083 (work)
>> 734-646-5577 (home)
>> Digital Media Commons - Duderstadt Center
>> University of Michigan

>>> Yes, if using 2.0.3, just perform the following changes:
>>>
>>> <testelement
>>> class="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler">
>>> becomes:
>>> <testelement
>>> class="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2">
>>>
>>> <property xml:space="preserve"
>>> propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.StringProperty"
>>> name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler
>>> .H
>>> TTPSampler</property>
>>> becomes
>>> <property xml:space="preserve"
>>> propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.StringProperty"
>>> name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler
>>> .H
>>> TTPSampler2</property>
>>>
>>> <property xml:space="preserve"
>>> propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.StringProperty"
>>> name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.
>>> gu
>>> i.HttpTestSampleGui</property>