jmeter-user mailing list archives

From 821MARK <821m...@gmail.com>
Subject Reading data/Writing data to an external file, writing 'notes' within JMeter?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:13:30 GMT
I've picked up JMeter for some in-house web-based testing, with simple
session IDs, tokens, etc... I'm using JMeter 2.1)
 I have 3 questions, hoping someone can answer them...
 1) How can I *read* from an external file?
- I've already read http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-jmeter/JMeterFAQ , and
that was very helpful. I am able to read a simple list in a text file....
What I'm looking for is more of a 'configuration' file, to which it would be
easier for non-Jmeter users to modify some variables... INI file with
section/key names, .properties file, etc. i.e. a text file with
'structure'...
 2) How can I *write* specific data to an external file?
- I'd like to use a RegEx post-processor, and rip out a
transaction/confirmation ID from the HTML, and output it to a file...
Example: I'd like a list that has: 123, 456,789,... Which is my list of
transaction IDs... so that I can manually check them by hand later...
 3) Is there any nice way to make 'notes' within JMeter? I wasunable to add
anything (using Right-Click) that resembled a 'Notes' object to the tree...
I end up adding a User-Variables object, and just populating it... The
problem with that one is I cannot modify the order of the list.
 Any help would be appreciated.