jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Steven Murphy" <stevenmur...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Calling 1 Test Plan From Another
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 10:33:12 GMT
I am thinking about trying to create a new object, External Module
Controller (EMC) for want of a better name, that will beahave kind of like
the Module Controller, but will work on external test fragemtns instead of
fragements under the Workbeanch.

Does any one have a suggestions on what method to use?  I was thinking that
maybe I could merge the external fragments into the test plan under the EMC
when the test is executed.

If I was to merge it into the test plan is there a way I can get it to
replace a chunk of XML?  I'm thinking that it would be good to have it
replace anything under the EMC instead of appending to it each time.

From: "Steven Murphy" <stevenmurphy@hotmail.com>
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Calling 1 Test Plan From Another
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:56:37 +0100

Hi all,

I am using JMeter to regression test a Web based administration console.  I
am looking for a way that I can execute a Test Plan from inside another one.

For Example: I have 4 Test Plans which test different functions on the same
page.  To get to this page the first 3 HTTP Request samplers are the same.
in each test  Is there a way I can put these 3 actions into a separate Test
Plan and then call that Test Plan from the 4 other ones?

Cheers
Steve Murphy