jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Thavutam, Prashanth" <1thav...@toysrus.com>
Subject RE: Proxy server settings..
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 21:05:02 GMT
Umesh,

I just learnt how to use proxy server. This is what you have to do:
1. Open browser, tools, Internet Options.., Connections and click on LAN
Settings button.
Check the Use Proxy Server option and enter "localhost" for Arrdress and
"8080" for port number, click OK, OK.
2. From the JMeter, add HTTP Proxy Server to Workbench. You can enter
patterns to include and exclude. You can leave them empty for the first
time, just to understand what actually it is recording. Otherwise, you can
use .*\.jpg to exclude jpg files, etc,.
3. Add a thread group to the Test Plan, add Recording Controller to the
thread group. You can add HTTP Request Defaults and HTTP Cookie Manager
depending on your plan.
4. From HTTP Proxy Server in Workbench, select your recording controller
that you have added in the previous steps. Later you can save the script
from this controller.
5. Keep a browser open, click on Start button on the HTTP Proxy Server page
and start doing your testing.
6. Click stop when you are done with your testing.
7. Reset your settings on the browser and change the script, thread
settings, etc,. and start running the script.

Regards,
Prashanth