jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency support for threads
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:23:04 GMT
are you attempting to test Async HTTP calls?

if that's the case, there's two approaches to async http.

1. poll again
2. callback from the server to the client

it isn't necessary to join on 2 threads to achieve this. for the poll
method, you can achieve this by sequencing the requests and putting in
a controller to keep checking until the desired result is returned.

if it's callback, you'll need to write a sampler that listens to a
specific port. frankly, async http is stupid in my bias opinion. it's
much better to use messaging like JMS or MSMQ. Jmeter 2.1 release
candidate has a JMS sampler now.

peter