jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Lin <wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Constant Throughput Timer Troubles
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 00:08:20 GMT
constant throughput attempts to send requests at a constante request
rate. Hafve you tried it without the switch?

peter lin

On 8/7/05, Jeremy Dahlgren <jdahlgren@textwise.com> wrote:
> I have a test that needs to spread 1285200 requests across 3.5 hours.  The same test
also needs to spread 25200 requests of a different category across the same 3.5 hours.  My
test plan has two thread groups.  In each thread group there is a user parameters that reads
requests from a file.  The file has an integer that determines the request type and then the
request parameters.  After the user parameters there are constant throughput timers and a
switch controller holding the samplers.  The constant throughput timers use properties passed
in from the command line.  The first gets 1285200 / 210 = 6120 samples per minute and the
second gets 25200 / 210 = 120 samples per minute.  The problem is that the test completes
in 2 hours and 20 minutes.  I was under the impression that the constant throughput timer
throttles the samples executed "within the container where you put the timer" which in my
test is the thread group.   Is there a problem with the construction of my test plan?  I'm
not sure why the requests aren't being spread evenly across the 3.5 hours.  Any help would
be greatly appreciated.