jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMeter fails to recognise the Response from server
Date Wed, 24 Aug 2005 14:02:43 GMT
What do you mean by failing to recognise the response?

JMeter does not care what the content-type is until after the response
has been received.

Even then, the content type is only used for things like the HTML
display, if I recall correctly.

Are there any errors in jmeter.log?

S.
On 24/08/05, Sandeep Mankar <sandeep@vigorsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm currently testing an java based application in which an html
> generater dynamically builds html pages. In this case, I can NOT send
> requests for specific pages and instead I send a url with the key for
> that page.
> Eg.   HYPERLINK
> "http://%3cservername%3e/application/action?!cd=1&!key=xxx"http://<serve
> rname>/application/action?!cd=1&!key=xxx
>
> But the problem I'm facing is that JMeter fails to recoginse the HTML
> response from the server.
> After initial investigations and goin thrgh the mailing list, I found
> out that JMeter does not record/get the CONTENT-TYPE of the http
> response.
>
> Does JMeter search for content type in the HTTP headers or the HTML
> files??
> How can I make sure that JMeter has not receive the content type?? (cos
> my developers believe that they do set the content type of the response
> in the app itself.)
>
> Thanks,
> Sandeep
>
> --
> 8/23/2005

>  Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message If you are not
the addressee indicated in this message or you are  not associated with this subject, you
may not copy or send this message to anyone. In such case you should destroy this message
and kindly notifythe sender in reply e-mail.Although this mail has been scanned for the presence
of possible computer viruses prior to dispatch , we cannot be held responsible for any viruses
or other material transmitted  as a part of this email without our knowledge.