jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dependency support for threads
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:41:48 GMT
The latest version of the TCP Sampler opens one socket for each
identical host:port combination in each thread.
[Different thread sockets to the same destination can be achieved by
using e.g. localhost:8888 and LocalHost:8888.]

The current implementation assumes a request/response protocol, but it
should be quite easy to extend that to provide separate send and
receive samplers. Either as a new Sampler, or perhaps better by adding
some options to the existing one. I can do that part.

It should also be fairly simple to implement your own protocol - see
TCPClientImpl.java for the default. I can help with that if required.

S.
On 11/08/05, Vinod Panicker <vinod.p@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm not convinced that you need separate threads to run this test.
> >
> > If you want to send a message on one connection, and then wait until a
> > message arrives on another connection, then it seems to me that these
> > can be in the same thread.
>
> Any pointers on how this can be achieved or should I RTFM?  Its not
> necessary that the two connections are independent execution units.  I
> could make do with just one thread.
>
> Regards,
> Vinod.

> > > But this kind of functional testing becomes essential when trying to
> > > test asynchronous non-request-response based protocols.  Any idea if
> > > support for this is planned?

Controllers

I want to be