jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: order of samples in results file
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:13:30 GMT
On 11/08/05, Sergei Riaguzov <riaguzov@gmail.com> wrote:

> > The samples can only be written to the result file when they have been
> > completed.
> Acha.. Ok. So I can't assume those things:
>
> - If I take first sampleResult's timeStamp I assume that there's no
> other timeStamp in result's file which is less then the first one.
> - If I take the last sampleResult and take it timeStamp + time I
> assume that there are no sampleResults with timeStamp + time greater
> then the last one.

Certainly not if you are using start time stamps.

Not sure if you are using end time stamps.

Not sure what happens with multiple thread groups - never tried, they
probably need separate files anyway.

> ?
>
> Eeeh.. Okay so I have to learn how to make this crazy "sort and take
> the first one to variable" things in XSLT. ;)

Or use CSV output and do a sort before processing further.

Likewise it may be easier to sort the XML first, and then process the
sorted input.