jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Memory leaks - large and uncollected
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 23:02:27 GMT
On 03/08/05, Jon Andersen <janderse@umich.edu> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> It appears that Sun SSL -:> OutOfMemoryException is the culprit.  I ran
> the same script without SSL, and don't see the memory usage growing.
>
> Is there some way to switch from the default "HTTP Request"
> implementation to the "HTTP Request HttpClient" implementation without
> rewriting the script?  Do both use the same configuration, so I could
> do a search-n-replace?

Yes, if using 2.0.3, just perform the following changes:

<testelement class="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler">
becomes:
<testelement class="org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2">

<property xml:space="preserve"
propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.StringProperty"
name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler</property>
becomes
<property xml:space="preserve"
propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.StringProperty"
name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2</property>

<property xml:space="preserve"
propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.StringProperty"
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.gui.HttpTestSampleGui</property>
becomes
<property xml:space="preserve"
propType="org.apache.jmeter.testelement.property.StringProperty"
name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.gui.HttpTestSampleGui2</property>

If you are using 2.1, then the set of changes is similar:

<HTTPSampler>
 =>
<HTTPSampler2>

</HTTPSampler>
 =>
</HTTPSampler2>

<stringProp name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler</stringProp>
=>
<stringProp name="TestElement.test_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler2</stringProp>

<stringProp name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.gui.HttpTestSampleGui</stringProp>
=>
<stringProp name="TestElement.gui_class">org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.control.gui.HttpTestSampleGui2</stringProp>

I derived these by creating two test plans, one with a single HTTP
Sampler, and another with HTTP Sampler HTTPClient (using the same
element name), and then doing a comparison.

[...]