jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stover <mstov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Dependency support for threads
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:41:12 GMT
If you write a sampler that sends a request and blocks/waits until it
receives a reply via a separate socket, then that sampler could report
how long it took to receive the asynch response and the sampler would
behave just like any other sampler as far as JMeter is concerned.

-Mike

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 17:26 +0530, Vinod Panicker wrote:
> > I'm not convinced that you need separate threads to run this test.
> >
> > If you want to send a message on one connection, and then wait until a
> > message arrives on another connection, then it seems to me that these
> > can be in the same thread.
>
> Any pointers on how this can be achieved or should I RTFM?  Its not
> necessary that the two connections are independent execution units.  I
> could make do with just one thread.
>
> Regards,
> Vinod.

> > > But this kind of functional testing becomes essential when trying to
> > > test asynchronous non-request-response based protocols.  Any idea if
> > > support for this is planned?

Controllers

I want to be