jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Baumgartner" <christian.baumgart...@tiscover.com>
Subject AW: Statistics [was Re: AW: order of samples in results file]
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2005 13:02:33 GMT
Thanks.. I didn't know that exactly..
but what i wanna do is to COMPARE the results. For example I do a Test every
Week (Performance Test), an I want to check the differences from one week to
the other, or summarize over about the last 4 weeks..

I thought of a tool that stores the xml/csv data into a DB and then can
simple compare the results with each other. JMeter doesn't provide such a
Listener as far as I know. I just can load one testresult into one listener.
I cannot overlap two or more graphs of different test runs and so on..

That's my actual little problem. I just wanted to know if there is something
existing, before I write something for myself.

have a nice day
	Christian

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Michael Stover [mailto:mstover1@apache.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 11. August 2005 13:50
An: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: Statistics [was Re: AW: order of samples in results file]

On Thu, 2005-08-11 at 12:10 +0200, Christian Baumgartner wrote:
> If your testplan has a sequential structure it will perform as you
> said.. If you for example make use of conditions to make a test more
> dynamical, it must'nt be the last thread the one with the latest
> timestamp.
>
> but another question fitting this topic hopefully:
> i want to make some statistics about the test results. As they are
> stored as some kind of xml-structure, that could'nt be much of an
> affair, or? is there already some tool out there that can parse the
> result files, maybe compare them, make some statistics and so on?

There is a tool - JMeter.  You can load results files into JMeters Listeners
anytime and view the calculations that that listener provides. For instance,
load a result file using the aggregate report and you see the statistical
calculations summarized by sampler name.  use the Graph and you see the same
calculations for every sample and graphed.  Spline listener provides yet
another view of the data.  And all listeners can be exported to PNG format.

-Mike