jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Christian Baumgartner" <christian.baumgart...@tiscover.com>
Subject AW: Reporting tool for JMeter
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:48:00 GMT
Hello Peter,

the reporting tool sounds like the thing i was missing in jmeter the whole
time i am using it. if it comes for testing, i would be glad to help.

good morning
Christian

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Peter Lin [mailto:woolfel@gmail.com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. August 2005 16:42
An: jmeter-user
Betreff: Reporting tool for JMeter

My apologies to the users for accidentally hijacking the VM thread. I'm
reposting it under a new topic for those interested in hearing about the
reporting feature I'm working on.

I posted a message to jmeter-dev a few weeks back about reporting tool for
jmeter. I guess now is as good of time as any to let others know. I am
currently working on a reporting tool for jmeter.

I have a need for test and report automation, so I am writing a new GUI to
design reports and an engine that can run in GUI or console mode for
generating the reports. Right now, my feature list is the following. Keep in
mind, there's no gaurantee this will be the final thing, but they are on my
list.

1. new gui for designing reports
2. run in GUI or console mode
3. report plan - may contain 1 or more report pages
4. report page - may contain 1 or more charts or tables with statistics like
the aggregate listener 5. report header/footer - so users can point to a
server side include like .shtml or paste in the HTML directly 6. stylesheet
- a link to the stylesheet 7. report writers - initially I plan to write
HTML and Text report writer 8. charts - simple bar graphs 9. tables - simple
table similar to aggregate listener 10. be able to process multiple files
11. be able to aggregate multiple files

I don't know how many features I'll be able to implement, but that's my goal
at the moment.