jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sander Stevens" <S.Stev...@kpn-is.nl>
Subject RE: Strange Oracle database problem
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:40:55 GMT
I tried the select statement below. Result: 1. So my record is available
and the select statement works fine.

And yes: all update statements fails.

I am thinking of a combination of java version, oracle version, jmeter
version, jdbc driver version etc.

I will try the latest version of Jmeter (like Mike mentioned) and also
will try java version 1.3.

Thanks so far.
Sander

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: donderdag 14 juli 2005 19:02
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Strange Oracle database problem

I don't know Oracle, but the error message seems clear that there is
an error in the SQL statement.

Could this be generated locally by the JDBC driver?
If so, it would explain why the request is not reaching the database.

So do all UPDATE statements fail, or just this one?

If you change the UPDATE statement in the sampler into the
corresponding SELECT, i.e.

SELECT count(*) from ipmgr.client_ip
WHERE status = '1' AND ip_address = '80.60.92.102'

what happens?

On 7/14/05, Sander Stevens <S.Stevens@kpn-is.nl> wrote:
> Yes, but the thing I don't understand is that a select statement works
> perfect. So the connection is no problem in my opinion. Same script,
two
> jdbc requests: a select and an update. And the update will always
fail.
> The select works fine.

(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=pintst)(CID=(PROGRAM=)(HOST=preprod01)(USER=nobody)))
> > * (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=10.94.14.27)(PORT=48979)) * establish
*
> > pintst * 0
> >
> > It seems that the query doesn't reach the oracle database. A trace
on
> > the database didn't give any result while running the script.
> >
> > Sander

from
> > my

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.describe(OracleStatement.java:6195)

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetMetaData.<init>(OracleResultSetMetaDat

oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSetImpl.getMetaData(OracleResultSetImpl.j

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.sampler.JDBCSampler.getDataFromResultSet

org.apache.jmeter.protocol.jdbc.sampler.JDBCSampler.sample(JDBCSampler.j