jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Curelea, Alexandru" <acure...@northnetwork.com>
Subject RE: Global response assertion?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:23:09 GMT
Thanks for the prompt reply!

That does, indeed, work - I guess the original assertion for whatever I was trying was wrong.

Thanks again!

Alex

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 1:14 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Global response assertion?

Assertions are applied to *every* sampler that is in scope:

http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Response_Assertion

Although it is only possible to *add* an Assertion as the child of a
sampler, once added it can be moved elsewhere.

e.g.

Sample 1
-- assertion
Sample 2

could be changed to

Sample 1
Sample 2
Assertion

or indeed

Assertion
Sample 1
Sample 2

Assertions usually only make sense for one Sampler, which I guess is
why they are not available in the drop-down list elsewhere in the test
plan.

To restrict the Assertion to a set of Samplers, put them all under the
same Controller (e.g. a Simple Controller)

S.
On 7/14/05, Curelea, Alexandru <acurelea@northnetwork.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to add a "global" response assertion in JMeter?  By this I mean a single
assertion per test plan, that is checked for every single (in my case) HTTP Request?

> For example, I would like to add an assertion that checks that "Internal error" never
shows up on any of the pages returned by the server (rather than adding this assertion to
every single request).

> I've gone through the documentation, tried to search the mailing list archive, and tried
to figure out a way to do it in JMeter itself, and it doesn't seem possible, but I'm hoping
I missed something.