jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: measuring performance of commons chain commands
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:49:04 GMT
Hi seth

On 7/6/05, Seth Ladd <seth@ehawaii.gov> wrote:
> Edgar Poce wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >  I'd like to measure the performance of my commons chain commands. I
> > think I could wrap each Command in a JavaSamplerClient implementation,
> > but I plan to have lots of them and i'd like to use a more generic
> > approach. I'm thinking of writing a new protocol for commons chain,
> > but I'm not sure whether it's the right way to go. Could anyone point
> > me in the right direction?
>
> I recommend using the beanshell environment.  It makes it very easy to
> test Java code, without having to implement a JavaSamplerClient.

thank you  for your comment. I don't like the idea of using the
beanshell environment because it's too jmeter specific. I don't see
any benefit over the commons chain approach, most probably because my
ignorance on stress testig matters :(. If you do please let me know
the reasons, I'd really appreciate it.

I already made a ChainSampler[1] which runs Commons chain commands.
It's quite straight forward, I put the jar with my commands and that's
it. I think this It's a good approach because I can reuse the code for
other purposes than performance testing. Please let me know whether
this appreciation is wrong.

thanks again,
edgar

[1] http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/jackrabbit/trunk/contrib/jcr-commands/jmeter-chain/src/java/org/apache/jmeter/protocol/java/