jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Anurodh Jain <anuro...@aztec.soft.net>
Subject RE: Different Number of Threads
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2005 06:16:56 GMT
Hi peter,
 Thankx for the reply.  Sorry for the delayed reply.
Actually I want to test my Java Application with
1,2,3,4 ....till say 10 threads. And I have 2 machines to
generate the load. And I am using the same test plan for all.
So If I start running say 2 threads , so there are a total of
4 threads generating load. Likewise, I will be able to
simulate the load only with even no. of threads.
 Hope u got the problem now. So, what my question is that With the
same test plan, is there a way by which I can use different no. of threads
from different machines to generate the load?

Regards
Anurodh

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Lin [mailto:woolfel@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 6:48 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Different Number of Threads

I'm not sure I understand the problem.  is your goal to have different
number of threads on each system running jmeter? In other words

server
client 1 - 4 threads
cleint 2 - 5 threads

if that is what you're trying to do, you have to make two versions of
your test plan. If you use the same exact test plan on both client
machines, the total number of threads will be even. Is there something
specific about having an odd number of threads?

peter