jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Martin McAtamney <mcatamney.mar...@gene.com>
Subject constant through put?
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2005 20:27:16 GMT
Hi,

New to JMeter, so be gentle.

I have a very simple test.  I want to hit the home page of my application
with 40 requests per second.  I am using remote testing, with jmeter-server
on three UNIX environments, and just running the test from my windows box.
There doesn't appear to be an issue with generating the load, but I am
having problems in controlling the load, i.e. getting it steady at 40
requests per second.

The approach I took was a Thread Group with 200 threads, a http request just
to hit the home page, and a Constant Throughput timer with a target through
put of 12 samples a minute.

My theory was 200 threads, (users) * 12 iterations per min = 2400 request
per min, i.e. 40 request per sec. However the test appears to be generating
a lot more that 40 request per second.

Any ideas on what might be wrong, or have I missed something.

Any help/advice appreciated

M.