jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Jen Lee" <jle...@nc.rr.com>
Subject Can I use dynamic parameters with SOAP/XML-RPC Request?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2005 03:54:58 GMT
Hi - I am new to jmeter, and have been trying to setup a test script where I use some of the
output of an XML-RPC request sampler as input to a future xml-rpc sampler. For example, I
have a XML-RPC request that returns;

<value>
<int>47692482</int>
</value>
<value>
<int>56795</int>
        I would like to be able to use the regular expression post-processor to extract out
but what I cannot figure out is how to use it later in a future XML-RPC request. Here is my
later request;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<methodCall>
<methodName>Class1.sqlstruct</methodName>
<params>
 <param>
  <value>
   <string>SELECT name, type_id FROM namelist WHERE user_id= ${userid}</string>
  </value>
 </param>
</params>
</methodCall>

        I read the FAQ entitled ' How do I make parameters dynamic, reacting to the unique
server responses of each test run?' and it uses a sample of adding a parameter, but this does
not seem to be an option for the XML-RPC request, only the http samplers.  Does anyone know
if this should work for XML-RPC, and if so, how? Thank You!