jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shabana Shabana <shabanakha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Remote Testing Problem
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:11:41 GMT
Hi,

Make sure your rmi registery is running .
hope u r following manual exactly as mentioned

http://jakarta.apache-korea.org/jmeter/usermanual/remote-test.html.

Also  check for the jdk version on both client & server  that would
sometimes also lead  to similar problem.

On 6/10/05, Joshua Auerbach <josh@dealer.com> wrote:
> I am trying to get JMeter to run in distributed mode for remote
> testing.  If I run a jmeter-server on my local machine, and use my local
> ip I can get it to work properly.  However, when I try running the
> server on a remote machine I get "Bad Call to Remote Host"  errors
> everytime.  For troubleshooting purposes I am currently just trying to
> run on one remote host (eventually I would like to run on 3).  Below is
> the entry from my jmeter.log file from the machine running the JMeter
> client (GUI).  I am fairly new to this, so any help in determining what
> my problem is would be greatly appreciated.  -Thanks, Josh
>
> 2005/06/10 10:25:36 ERROR - jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart:
> java.rmi.NotBoundException: JMeterEngine
>     at
> sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(Unknown
> Source)
>     at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(Unknown Source)
>     at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(Unknown Source)
>     at sun.rmi.registry.RegistryImpl_Stub.lookup(Unknown Source)
>     at java.rmi.Naming.lookup(Unknown Source)
>     at
> org.apache.jmeter.engine.ClientJMeterEngine.<init>(ClientJMeterEngine.java:48)
>     at
> org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doRemoteInit(RemoteStart.java:195)
>     at
> org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.RemoteStart.doAction(RemoteStart.java:78)
>     at
> org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.performAction(ActionRouter.java:81)
>     at
> org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter.access$000(ActionRouter.java:44)
>     at org.apache.jmeter.gui.action.ActionRouter$1.run(ActionRouter.java:62)
>     at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
>     at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
>     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
>     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
>     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
>     at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

regards

Shabana

"Dreams can often become challenging, but challenges are what we live for"