jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sander Stevens" <S.Stev...@kpn-is.nl>
Subject RE: Variable use in 'number of threads'?
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 08:33:36 GMT
Yes, works fine!
Great!

Thanks again.
Sander

-----Original Message-----
From: sebb [mailto:sebbaz@gmail.com]
Sent: zaterdag 4 juni 2005 1:30
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: Variable use in 'number of threads'?

On 6/3/05, Sander Stevens <S.Stevens@kpn-is.nl> wrote:
> Hi Mike (and Sebb),
>
> OK, clear. I noticed that a user defined variable (rows   40) is
working
> fine (${rows} is used in number of threads and my testplan is working
> fine with 40 threads). But I want to read this value from a file,
> because it differs every time (depending on the number of testcases).
> Today it will be 40, but tomorrow it will be 50 because 10 more
> testcases are added. And this value should be updated automatically in
> the number of threads.
>
> So I was trying to read the count of rows from my excel sheet and
place
> that in number of threads. But obviously you can't use __CSVRead or
> __StringFromFile. If I use those functions, my testplan doesn't work
> anymore.

It works for me using 2.0.3 (and the latest nightly).

I set number of threads to the value:

${__CSVRead(test.txt,0)}${__CSVRead(test.txt,next)}

where test.txt contains (e.g.):

6

I then added a JavaTest Sampler with the same CSV function call.

The result was 6 threads, and each read another line starting with line
2 = "a".

> So the number of threads is static the moment I start jmeter, but can
be
> different the next time I start jmeter.

Which is what I thought originally.

> Any clues how to solve this?

See above.

Or omit the count from the CSV input file and pass the thread count in
as a property.

S.