jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sander Stevens" <S.Stev...@kpn-is.nl>
Subject Variable use in 'number of threads'?
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:15:02 GMT
Hi,

Maybe a nice idea (because I think it is not possible yet):

I am using JMeter as a functional test tool with Excel (csv) as input for my test cases. In
this way I have to set the number of threads to the number of rows in my excel sheet. No problem,
but it would be nice if this is filled automatically. Just to follow the excel sheet, even
if there are test cases (rows) added or deleted. The way I am thinking is the following: I
count the rows in the excel sheet (excel function COUNT). Place the number of rows somewhere
in the sheet, read this value with function __CSVRead (e.g. rows) and use this value to notify
the number of threads (${rows}).

Would that be a nice feature?

Met Vriendelijke Groet,

Sander Stevens