jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Craeg Strong" <cstr...@nyc.saic.com>
Subject Testing of JMS Queues?
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 01:02:12 GMT
Hello:

I was thinking of using JMeter to help test out some pieces of our
application implemented via JMS Queues.  I would like to test the basics
such as whether a queue is configured properly, can I send a simple
message from a source queue and receive it properly at the destination
queue, and possibly do some load testing with large messages.

At some point you have done all of the other unit tests you can do
(junit, dbunit, xmlunit, mock objects, etc.) and you have to get down to
brass tacks and make sure basic connectivity works!  With JMeter's
waiting and looping constructs it seems to be a tool well suited to the
task.

Has anyone done this type of testing with JMeter?  Am I missing
something obvious? Maybe another tool is better suited to this task?

Thanks in advance!

--Craeg