jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter HTTPS testing through proxy
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 07:33:19 GMT
Major, Michael T wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone can help me on this one.
>
>I am testing an https site internally from our company's network.  The
>site is actually pointed to the internet, so I have to use the proxy
>server arguments to test the site (-H proxy server -P proxy port).  The
>test plan runs, and I have no problem testing the initial home page, so
>I know Jmeter is using the proxy server with no problem.  But when I
>test the login process, I get an HTTP response code: Non HTTP response
>code error.  When I run the test script from home (without the proxy) I
>have no problems.  Could anyone let me know why I would be having these
>problems?
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>Mike

I don't know if this is your problem, but I recently had to implement my
own protocol handler to allow https through a proxy. It works by
specifying httpp://proxy:port/https://dest/url.  It uses httpclient to
bind with the proxy and then uses the connect method to set up the SSL
session to the server.