jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Ortius, Helga" <Helga.Ort...@realtech.com>
Subject Https and remote testing
Date Wed, 15 Jun 2005 16:52:05 GMT
Hallo,

I am trying to use remote testing in order to create an appropriate load on a portal. My problem
is testing from the "client" which orchestrates the requests to the remote hosts if remote
testing is done, works fine. I can call the login page of the portal using https and authentication
is no problem. However using remote testing (still using https) the request forwarded to the
remote hosts does not get authenticated. jmeter.log on the remote hosts tells me:

2005/06/15 18:46:45 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler: You may have forgotten
to set the ssl.provider property in jmeter.properties java.lang.NullPointerException
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.setupConnection(HTTPSampler.java:145)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.java:462)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:590)
 at org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSamplerBase.java:578)
 at org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:281)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Is it possible that the remote hosts do not automatically understand https? Do I need to configure
that so that they do or am I off track here? If I need to configure them - I would be more
than glad if someone could point me to documentation regarding this.

Thank you very much in advance for any input on this :)!

Best Regards,
Helga