jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Sonam Chauhan <sonam.chau...@ce.com.au>
Subject RE: How to correlate debug error data with JMeter logs?
Date Mon, 30 May 2005 03:58:25 GMT
> > I added this property to CVS HEAD recently:
> >
> > jmeter.save.saveservice.response_data.on_error
> >
> > I think that does what you want.
> >
> > S.

Seb: I just checked out the 20050528 nightly build. I had some comments and
questions below (comparing to the venerable JMeter 1.9.1):

1. 	In the new build, if I set a logfile with the '-l' parameter, it is
only created if the test runs in non-GUI mode (i.e. with the '-n' parameter
as well). The same behavior exists in 1.9 too. Is this by design?

2. 	Is there a DTD or schema for the XML log format? (The attribute
names are a lot more brief compared to 1.9.)

3. 	Ticking 'Functional mode' in the test plan no longer saves response
data in the JMeter log. To do that, I had to explicitly set the property you
mentioned:
	-Jjmeter.save.saveservice.response_data.on_error=true

4. The corresponding *request* data is not stored.
In 1.9, 'functional test mode' stores the request URL (though it would be
better to store the entire HTTP request data)

Storing request data is especially needed if the request is derived from an
earlier response. It would be good to have a property like:
	jmeter.save.saveservice.request_data.on_error

Thanks again,
Sonam Chauhan
--
Electronic Commerce, Corporate Express Australia Ltd.
Phone: +61-2-9335-0725, Email: sonam.chauhan@ce.com.au