jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Elli Swift" <esw...@loopone.com>
Subject RE: Using Proxy server recording facility on Linux
Date Tue, 10 May 2005 16:09:28 GMT
I know that I have had problems with the HTTP Proxy Server using 'localhost'
with IE 6.0 (like you, I noticed that the script would not record).  When I
replaced localhost with an actual IP address (127.0.0.1) it seemed to work
fine with IE.  Maybe that could have something to do with it?

Elli

-----Original Message-----
From: Hany Mesha [mailto:hmesha@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 09, 2005 3:41 PM
To: jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Using Proxy server recording facility on Linux

Hello,

Hello:

  I am new to jmeter (using version 2.0.3) and trying to load test a
web application. My envrionment:
Suse Linux 9.1, JDK 1.4.2_07, JBoss Application Server 4.0.1 running
on port 8080.

I was trying to use the Proxy Server to generate the HTTP Requests for
my test plan. As described in the user manual, I created a test plan,
a thread group, and added a Recording Controller as a child to the
thread group. I also added a Graph Results and Aggregate Report
Listeners. Then in the WorkBench I added the HTTP Proxy server from
Non Test Elements and give it the port as 8090. Then I changed the
browser (tried both FireFox 1.0 and IE 6 for Linux) proxy settings to
localhost:8090.

I clicked "Start" in the HTTP Proxy Server and then took a new browser
instance and browsed thru my web application. I clicked "Stop" in HTTP
Proxy Server. But nothingis seen recorded under the "Recording
Contoller". Am i missing something?

Note: If I run JMeter on Windows with the same setting and still
running JBoss on Linux, I get all my recordings with no problem.

Thanks for your help in advance,

-Hany Mesha