jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Sander Stevens" <S.Stev...@kpn-is.nl>
Subject User defined functions for maintainability in JMeter?
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:48:07 GMT
Hi all,

I have a lot of experience with testtools (like WinRunner, QuickTest, Rational Robot, etc.)
and I am used to the fact that I can create user defined functions to maintain my scripts.
Object Oriented programming in testtools. If something changes, I have to change my function
and all my script will run again. I noticed that this is not possible with Jmeter. Re-use
parts of your testplan (or even other files) would make life a lot easier. Am I right that
the use of functions is not (yet) supported? And if yes, is this something for a future release???

(note: I am using Jmeter for functional testing)

Thanks!
Sander

Met Vriendelijke Groet,

Sander Stevens