jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Dave Maung <dmau...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: validating HTML with JMeter
Date Fri, 22 Apr 2005 16:22:19 GMT
You need to create your own DTD Assertion and extend the functionality to create XHTML Assertion.
you need to point to the following xhtml1-strict.dtd then xhtml will work as standard way.
I have never done it but I am sure it will work.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/REC-xhtml1-20020801/

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html
     PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"

A.1.1. XHTML-1.0-Strict
The file DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd is a normative part of this specification. The annotated contents
of this file are available in this separate section for completeness.
A.1.2. XHTML-1.0-Transitional
The file DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd is a normative part of this specification. The annotated
contents of this file are available in this separate section for completeness.
A.1.3. XHTML-1.0-Frameset
The file DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd is a normative part of this specification. The annotated
contents of this file are available in this separate section for completeness.

Dave

Peter Lin <woolfel@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not aware of a XHTML validation library. Many of the libraries out
there like HtmlParser, JTidy are built to fix bad html and make it
XHTML compliant. I suppose one option would be to strip out the
javascript and then run it through DTD validation.

not sure how that would work, but it's an idea.

peter